VBS - Submerged!!!
June 20 - 24, 2016
Monday - Friday
5:30 PM -8:00 PM
Bible Study Classes @ 9:30am
Worship Service @ 10:45am & 6:00pm
Children's Church available for Morning Worship
Evening Services @ 6:00pm
Women's Bible Study @ 6:00pm
Team Kids @6:00pm
Youth Class Times
REWIND - Sunday Morning @ 9:45
IMPACT - Sunday Nights @ 5:30
Discovery - Wednesday Nights @ 6:00
Prayer & Praise Items
Please be praying for:
- The youth – that God will open their hearts and eyes to see other’s needs
- The youth – that God will show them that He wants to use them to help others
- The youth – that this will help make them closer so we can build on these experiences
- The ministries – CSM and all the other ministries that are working in Chicago
- The homeless – that we can touch their lives and help direct them to God
- The children of Chicago – that we can encourage them and help direct them to God
- Safe travel
- Drew, Stephanie, Amanda, and the leaders assigned to our group
Submit your announcements, praise and prayer requests on the "Contact Us" page to If you would like it posted on the "Prayer and Praise" page for everyone to see, please make that selection at the bottom of the page. All items for posting will be reviewed for appropriate content (thank you for understanding). We hope you like the change.
In Christ, Your IT Team.
Prayer Team Meeting
Prayer Team meets on Tuesday mornings at 10:00am - Please join us as we seek God's face in a time devoted to prayer.
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We treasure our children; they are a gift of the Lord. Jesus himself cherished children and blessed them, saying, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 19:14). It is a joy to serve and pray for the next generation.
We believe that God has given parents the primary responsibility and privilege of bringing up children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4; Deut. 6:4-9). Our Children's Ministry is committed to supporting and encouraging parents in raising their children to know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus, desiring the salvation and growth of all the children in our church. We pursue this in Children?s ministry by:
- Praying regularly
- Exalting the Lord Jesus Christ
- Proclaiming the life-changing message of the gospel
- Teaching the authority and sufficiency of God's Word
- Teaching all of Scripture, from Genesis to Revelations
- Modeling loving the Lord with our whole hearts
- Loving children as ourselves
Our classes provide children with an opportunity to learn about God, by using His Word and interaction with skilled, caring teachers, in a safe, loving environment.
We start off with praise and worship in the 'big church' then at their special time the children are led to the children's room for children's church.
Children's church is adult directed, but led by the children themselves, this worship service is just like 'real church' with short members! Children's Church is open to anyone from age three to grade 6. Children dig into the Bible where the Word of God comes alive by using flannel graphs and flashcard stories. They also can hear about great missionaries and learn how to give (and collect) the offering and sing and praise God, their Creator. All children are given the opportunity to serve, with the older children being trained to teach the gospel by participating in the worship time.
We appreciate tall visitors, so parents are always welcome to stop by!
Team Kids & Mission Friends (merged) Wednesday 6:00 p.m.
Join us for prayer time, Bible lessons, games and lots and lots of fun! It's never a dull moment!
Children - Kindergarten - 6th grade are invited to attend
AWANA KIDS CLUB : Sundays 5:50 to 7:10 p.m. during the school year (see AWANA ministry section)